Friday 13 May 2011

J is for....




Joy fold cards over at the ABC Christmas challenge. When my pal Kathy gave a link for this I just knew I wanted to have a go.






So with a Distress Inked Tilda I set about making this new sort of card ( new for me anyway). I have used nests to cut out my shapes and a MS Snowflake punch. Tilda is teamedbwith DCWV papers and card stock on a Papermania Kraft card stock. The various sentiments are by LOTV, D&D and a Bargain one from my craft weekend in Feb.

I have to say I do like the Crafter's Companion Water Colour Board 300g. Although you do have to be careful with the amount of water otherwise it begins to break down.



Do go and check out the ABC Challenge Blog as the DT work is lovely and the variety of styles is great. Thanks to the team for the inspiration and to Helen for the tutorial on how to make the card. Thanks for the fun. Why not have a go?

Thanks for stopping by on your travels. C xxx

14 comments:

  1. gorgeous, you're doing really well with the watercolours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you for the mention Cherry. You've made a really lovely card too.

    Happy Friday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!! second time lucky hopefully blogger won't wipe our comments this time!!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a gorgeous card,Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. An unusual colour choice that has worked really well. Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how sweet. Love your choice of non-traditional colours, the papers are gorgeous. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge. Carissa:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Great take on the Joy Fold Christmas Card! Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenges!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    ABC Christmas Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute Joyfold card, love how you showed us inside too! cute image too, Thanks for playing the ABC Christmas challenge this time, hope we see you next challenge too! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulously gorgeous Cherry - this Tilda is one of my faves and I have her in mini format too. I love the style of card and had a go at one myself.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is BEAUTIFUL! I love your colours, perfect on the Kraft backing...very pretty. Love it!
    Thanks for joining in with ABC Christmas Challenge :)

    Carol x (Guest DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uhooi,,
    This card is good, beautiful and sweet,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Joy Fold Card - so pretty!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today - comments are really appreciated. Here's sending love back to you. Hugs Cherry XXX