Tuesday 31 July 2012

July's Calendar Page

I have finished my page for July and I have to say I am pleased with it even though it has been quite a hard month.

 

I have tried a colour I don't normally use - green. I added some yellow too, both were Dylusions' spray inks, on Gesso. I then added my journalling which I have been doing on torn paper as it mirrored my frayed feelings, to be honest.

 

I just love Lisa's Altered Art images. So I picked suitable ones and added them in. I added doodles with Sharpie pens, Pitt pens and Inkessential white pen. Letters were added from TH die cut. I also stamped some banners onto green and yellow tissue paper. I liked the translucent effect of these.

 

Do visit The Kathryn Wheel to see the host, Kate Crane, and all those gorgeous entries that appear every month. I am already on to August. Here's hoping for sun and many good days to come. Hugs C X

10 comments:

  1. great pages, love the bunting and colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous journal calendar and i love that image too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice, lovely layout....all the bits and pieces make for interest (and I get the 'frayed feelings' ....July was a month like that for me as well....but we got through it!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is fun and bright even tho' you may have been feeling a bit frayed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love how your July pages turned out-great idea to use torn papers! I may have to try that on a spread next year when I have a larger journal to use.Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic Cherry. I use tissue paper a lot and I love the way you've used it here. The torn edges are a great way to reflect those frazzled moments too. The whole page comes together beautifully. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pages - I recognise the flag stamp ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks gorgeous! Love how you added dods to the little girl ;)
    Have a happy month:)
    France

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the 'little extras' you add to your page.

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous journal page, lovely colours

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today - comments are really appreciated. Here's sending love back to you. Hugs Cherry XXX