Saturday 25 April 2009

'The Gargoyle'

I have just finished this novel and I loved it. Davidson plays with the whole concept of story telling and the role of the reader. It combines history, romance and mystery and is a real page turner. I really enjoyed his use of Dante's 'Inferno' and the recurring idea of making meanings over time in relationships and deeds. Some bits are a little gory but I think they make the characters real and add drama and black humour.

Next read : 'The Floating Book by Michelle Lovric.
Have a good weekend. XXX

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cherry, thanks for the tip, I am always on the lookout for a good book, so I have noted this one down. After rummaging through my loft for a car race track a few weeks ago ( don't ask!)I came across some old boxes of books. All ready for when I win the lottery and have my own library lol** So, right now, I am engrossed in Anna Karenina, and falling for Vronsky all over again.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH - it's lovely re-reading happy Vronskying! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cherry...in answer to your question,I usually print out downloads on thin white card.I do this with downloaded papers as well as pictures.Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today - comments are really appreciated. Here's sending love back to you. Hugs Cherry XXX