Wednesday 1 June 2011

Crochet jam jar Cover!



Not the most essential piece of kit but a project I completed on my newest journey in the craft world - teach yourself crochet - the jam jar Cover!



Pattern taken from Nicki Trench's book "Cute and Easy Crochet". I've added the button and beads and the crochet chain tie. It was very relaxing to make - slightly worries I could become obsessed and I'm not sure how many jam jar covers the world needs - lol. Must get back to the bigger project.

I had a lovely postal package this morning - my win from the ABC Christmas Challenge. I picked myself some lovely Basic Grey papers - Sweet Threads, some Claudine Hellmuth Matte Medium and a wonderful Bag-O-Buttons from Simon Says Stamp Shop. I have to say the papers and buttons are more gorgeous than I'd expected. For some of my crafty friends buttons are a precious bling which up until now I didn't really get. I DO NOW!



Any how I am off for a little bit of button stroking right now. Have yourselves a very pleasant Thursday. XXX

4 comments:

  1. I think the jam cover is very pretty,Cherry...I'm always in awe of anyone who can crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fab jam covers and loving the new stash too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooh buttons! fab jam jar cover, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is darling. I might crochet some up and put on tops of jars of pastel M&Ms for the nieces and nephews for Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today - comments are really appreciated. Here's sending love back to you. Hugs Cherry XXX