Friday 11 March 2011

Floating shaped card

Karen's themed challenge this week was shaped cards - huge intake of breath over here! Really stumped crafter, however I managed to purchase the April Edition of Craft Stamper today and inside was a lovely article by Joanne Wardle about floating fronts. I loved it so decided to have an experiment.. I have to say the article was great to follow and was inspirational so here is my first attempt. You may see a few more as I like muchly. So thanks Joanne.



As you can see I've used a Tilda and papers from the 'Sugar &Spice' range. I've kept it fairly simple as it was an experiment. The sentiment was a freebie and shapes were cut using a NS die cut set. Tilda is coloured with PMs and glamour dust.

I really enjoyed playing with this tonight. I hope you are having a pleasant evening too. Xxx

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,Cherry....and floats perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! this is gorgeous. I'm so glad that you enjoyed my article, and I'm thoroughly honoured to have inpsired this gorgeous card.
    thanks for making my day!
    hugs
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Yay Joanne for giving you such inspiration, Cherry - this is lovely

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card, never heard of it before,really should start buying some papercraft mags! love the way you coloured her, it's beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card cherry.What a great idea. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card & its great to see a new idea (though Im still not tempted to make cards myself!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really stunning Cherry, when I read the article in CS I wanted to have a go there and then ! I'm sure I'm going to enjoy making this type of card and I look forward to seeing more of them from you sweetie ;o)
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this in the mag too. You have done a brill job, love it.

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Inspiring, Tilda's coloring is gorgeous =D-TST

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cherry this is beautiful and fab for your first one tilda is so cute pop over to my blog there is something for you
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today - comments are really appreciated. Here's sending love back to you. Hugs Cherry XXX